So you’re ready to print but your Epson printer has gone offline? There are a number of easy ways to bring your offline Epson printer back online.
Here are 6 fixes for your offline Epson printer. You can use your Epson software to detect problems. You can also check connections (WiFi, cable, power), and set the correct default printer. Don’t forget to reset your Epson printer if it still shows as offline.
Table of Contents
Epson Printer Offline Fix
It’s frustrating when your printer goes offline. Here are 6 easy ways to get back to printing.
1. Check Power Cable and Paper
The easiest fix is often the most obvious.
- Check that your Epson printer is on. Press the power button to wake it.
- Check your power cable connection, both in the back of the printer and in the wall outlet.
- Confirm the paper is loaded correctly in the input tray.
I hope that this is all it takes to get your printer back online. But if not, here are the next steps.
2. Use Epson Connect
You can download Epson Connect to find and fix printing problems. There is a good chance you’ve already downloaded and installed it.
You can use this program to update the software.
Once installed or updated, click Start and choose the Offline Printer, then click Fix Printing.
3. Check the Printer Connection
Check your connection when your Epson printer keeps going offline. Signals can go in and out depending on your location and connectivity strength.
- You can move the printer closer to the wireless router to improve signal quality. And check your internet connection by opening a browser to determine if your Wi-Fi is the problem.
- With intermittent Wi-Fi, disconnect the power cord to restart the router. Then wait 15 seconds and plug it back in. If the wireless icon or button (not all models have one) is off or blinking, then your Epson printer is offline.
Here’s how to connect your Epson printer to WiFi.
There are different ways to reconnect to your network.
A. Touch Screen Control Printers
If your control panel is a touchscreen, open the network settings menu (also called Setup or Wireless settings), choose Wireless Setup Wizard, and follow the instructions.
Then select the network and enter your password.
B. Non-Touch Screen Control Printers
For non-touchscreen control panels, press and hold the wireless button until the light starts to flash (typically for five seconds).
On the router, press and hold the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button until the light starts to flash. The light will stop flashing when the connection is complete.
Then restart the printer and the computer to clear any errors in the system.
4. Set the Default Printer
Setting your default printer ensures you are using the correct printer.
- Open Printers and Scanners.
- The check box next to ‘Let Windows Manage My Default Printer’, should not be checked.
- Go to the list of printers, select your printer, and click manage.
- Then click set as default.
Now your printer is the default and papers will automatically go to it unless you change it.
5. Check Windows Function Discovery Services
The function discovery services need to start automatically. This service acknowledges the printer and allows it to be discovered on your computer.
- Open the control panel and click View Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the name of your printer, select Printer Properties, and click the Ports tab.
- Find WSD in the list and confirm the box is checked.
- Back in Windows, open services and in the list find both function discovery provider host and function discovery resource publication.
- The status should state running and the startup type needs to be automatic. If not, right-click the item and select properties. Then change the startup type to automatic.
- Click Apply, start, and OK, then close the services window.
Restart the printer and the computer to confirm the changes in the system.
Get more help with our Epson Printer Support Guide.
6. Reset The Printer
This fix has its own guide. Resetting your printer can include a network reset, factory reset, or a hard or soft reset.
Here’s our seven-method guide to reset your Epson printer.
Epson Printer Offline is Back Online
Our main goal is to get your Epson printer back online. There are several solutions available and while some take minimal effort, others can take some time.
These fixes will aid you in getting your printer back online now and in the future as long as you remember to keep the apps updated. Now your printing issues are resolved so you can continue your work.
Which one worked for you? Please share your experience to help other readers.